Squarespace have been busy and I am so happy to see that they are listening to their customers and working hard to implement important new features like these:
1. Gift Cards
- These are basically a 4th product type in addition to the Physical, Digital and Service products, and you create a gift card in much the same fashion.
- Customers can only purchase pre-defined gift card amounts.
- Gift cards are sent as emails and the recipient can print the email.
- Gift cards can only be redeemed in the online store.
- The gift card feature is available on the Advanced Commerce Plan.
- If the Advanced Commerce Plan is not right for you, you can still use my gift card work around as explained here.
2. Customer Accounts
- Your customers can create an account on your website where they can review their purchases and change their personal information and billing details.
- Some templates, like Brine, offer advanced customer account features, such as additional styling and login placement tweaks.
- It is not currently possible to cancel customer accounts as the site owner.
- This feature is most suitable for shops who have a lot of repeat customers.
- This feature is not suitable for membership purposes. If you want product specific welcome emails and password protected content check out my course which shows you how to set that up.
- Customer accounts are available on the Commerce Basic or Advanced plans.
3. Google reCAPTCHA
If you get a lot of spam via form submissions on your website you can now enable Google reCAPTCHA to prompt people to prove that they are not a robot.
- Click here to get your Google reCAPTCHA API keys. You will be asked you to log into your Google account, you can create one if you don't have one.
- Select reCAPTCHA V2
- Enter your domain name, e.g. https://yourdomain.comor https://www.yourdomain.com depending on how you've configured this.
- Accept the terms and click Register.
- Copy the Site Key and Secret Key.
- Log into your website and go to > Settings > Advanced > External Services and enter the keys in the respective fields.